Terms and Conditions
1. ScopeThe following general terms and conditions are exclusively applicable to orders placed by private customers via our online mail-order service (hereinafter jointly referred to as “online shop”), comprising all types of remote orders placed through the online shop by way of email, fax or telephone.
2. Contracting Party, Customer ServicePurchase agreements are concluded with PLATINUM GmbH & Co. KG. Detailed information about us can be found in the legal notice. For any questions or complaints, please contact our customer service team by telephone Monday through Friday between 8 am and 8 pm, using the free service number 800 3643663 (dog food), 0800 2283663 (cat food) within Germany and Austria, or at +49 67 21. 3 05 93 – 0 from abroad, subject to your telephone provider’s international calling charges.
3. Conclusion of an AgreementOur website solely represents a sales prospectus. The display of the products on the website serves as an invitation for you to submit binding offers (orders). In the case of electronic orders, you submit your offer by clicking on the “Order now” button, which then places the order for all of the goods that are stored in your cart. Immediately following your order placement, you will receive an overview of your order via email. This order overview does not constitute a binding acceptance of the order. The purchase agreement comes into force with the payment methods "cash in advance", "direct debit" adn "Purchase on account" only with sending of a correspondingly marked order confirmation. This is done regularly by sending an appropriate e-mail within 5 days. In case of a payment with PayPal, Credit Card or SOFORT bank transfer, the contract is already concluded with your payment instruction.
4. Delivery CostsWe offer free home delivery. You will not have to pay any additional delivery costs! This applies from an order value of 19 € to Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and Austria. Below this order value, a country-specific shipping and handling charge of 4 to 6 € applies.
5. PaymentPayment can be made by pre-payment, direct debit, PayPal, SOFORT bank transfer, credit card and though purchase on account.
Direct debitThe purchase price will be debited from your account 7 days after the invoice date. In exceptional cases, the direct debit may be made before receipt of the goods due to delivery delays.
If you choose the direct debit payment method, you will be asked for your bank details. When confirming your order, you will submit a direct debit mandate authorising the collection of the purchase amount. If you choose to pay by direct debit, your data (in particular your name and contact details) may be passed on to Creditreform Boniversum GmbH, Hellersbergstrasse 11, 41460 Neuss, for credit assessment. If this check does not return the required result, e.g. because the data cannot be clearly matched, we will automatically offer you other available payment methods. Information pursuant to Art. 14 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation on data processing at Creditreform Boniversum GmbH can be found here www.boniversum.de/EU-DSGVO. In the case of returns, we will transfer the credit amount to the bank account specified at the time of purchase.
Payment by PayPal
Payment by credit cardYou can pay conveniently and securely with your credit card in our online shop. We accept the following credit cards: VISA and MasterCard. During the purchase process, please select the appropriate card and enter the required data in the fields provided. Your credit card details are transmitted encrypted via SSL. You can recognise this by the “https” in the address bar in your browser on the payment pages. This means that your credit card purchase with us is very secure. Your credit card will be charged after your order is shipped.
To increase the security of credit card payments, the credit card security procedure 3D-Secure is used. This procedure is called Verified by VISA for VISA cards and MasterCard Secure Code for MasterCard cards. If your credit card is 3D-Secure-enabled, you will automatically be redirected to your bank's site. There you can confirm the transaction by entering your personal SecureCode and password. If you have not yet registered your credit card for the 3D-Secure system, you can do so during the payment process. After 3D-Secure authentication, you will be automatically redirected back to the shop. In case of returns, the corresponding amount will be credited to the debited credit card.
Payment by SOFORT bank transferSOFORT bank transfer is the online transfer procedure offered by SOFORT GmbH. After you have chosen the SOFORT bank transfer payment method and confirmed the order, you will be redirected to SOFORT. You can then execute the online transfer with your online banking data or with your PIN and a TAN. SOFORT bank transfer meets the high security standards of online banking and has TÜV-certified data protection. In the case of returns, we will refund the credit amount to your bank account.
Payment by iDEALiDEAL is the online transfer procedure offered by Currence iDEAL B.V.. After you have chosen the iDEAL payment method and confirmed the order, you will be redirected to iDEAL. You can then execute the online transfer with your online banking data or with your PIN and a TAN. iDEAL meets the high security standards of online banking. In the case of returns, we will refund the credit amount to your bank account.
Purchase on accountFor purchases on account, the payment term is 14 days from the invoice date. After your order has been dispatched, you will receive the invoice by email, which will state the bank details and the payment reference. Please transfer only to the named account and please indicate the payment reference correctly so that payments can be allocated.
If you choose to purchase on account, your data (in particular your name and contact details) may be passed on to Creditreform Boniversum GmbH, Hellersbergstrasse 11, 41460 Neuss, for credit assessment. If this check does not return the required result, e.g. because the data cannot be clearly matched, we will automatically offer you other available payment methods. Information pursuant to Art. 14 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation on data processing at Creditreform Boniversum GmbH can be found here www.boniversum.de/EU-DSGVO. In the case of returns, the corresponding amount will be credited to the bank account from which you made the transfer.
6. Customer Pick ups
7. Reservation of TitleGoods shall remain our property until full payment has been made.
8. Damaged ShipmentsIf goods are delivered with obvious shipment damages, please immediately submit a corresponding complaint with the shipping company and contact us without delay. Failing to file a complaint or to contact us shall have no effect on your legal rights and their enforcement, in particular your warranty rights. With your effort you will help us to assert our own claims against the shipping company or shipment insurance company.
9. Information on Right of WithdrawalBelow you will find information on the requirements and consequences of your statutory right to cancel your order.
Information on Right of WithdrawalConsumers have the following Right of Withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (PLATINUM GmbH & Co. KG, Am Ockenheimer Graben 23, 55411 Bingen, phone 0800 364 36 63, Fax +49 (0) 67 21 30 59 3-29, email@example.com) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
Model withdrawal form
Ordered on (*)/received on (*),
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
End of model withdrawal form
Please use our free pick-up service for returning the item. Simply contact our employees via the contact details provided and arrange a time for the item to be picked up by our logistics partner, DHL.
Please help us to avoid unnecessary surcharges and ensure sufficient postage. We reserve the right to deduct any such surcharge from the refund amount.
10. Cost Bearing Agreement in the Event of Withdrawal and Return Guarantee(1) We reserve the right to impose upon you the responsibility to pay the costs of the return shipment, in accordance with the proper execution of the statutory right of withdrawal set forth in the information above, as follows: you shall be obligated to bear the regular costs of the return shipment if the goods have been delivered to you as ordered.
11. Implied Warranty
All our goods in the store are subject to statutory warranty regulations.
12. Codes of Conduct
We abide by the Trusted Shops Code of Conduct. A list of the quality criteria can be found under http://www.trustedshops.co.uk/seal-of-approval/quality-criteria.html.
13. Saving of the Contract ContentWe save the content (text) of the contract and will send you the order details and our terms and conditions by email. You can also review the terms and conditions on this website at any time. For security reasons, your previous orders can no longer be accessed online.
14. Contractual LanguageThe contract is concluded in both German and English. However, in interpreting the aforementioned terms and conditions, the German version will take precedence.
15. Gift vouchers
Chargeable transferable gift voucher
Gift vouchers purchased in the PLATINUM Online Shop can only be redeemed online at www.platinum.com.
The voucher and any remaining credit are valid for 3 years from the date of purchase of the voucher.
The value of the voucher does not have to be used up completely in one order. Any remaining credit will be saved and can be used for future orders by re-entering the voucher code.
The voucher can only be redeemed before completing the order process. Subsequent offsetting is not possible.
The voucher may only be used for the purchase of goods and not for the purchase of further vouchers.
The voucher credit can neither be paid out in cash nor does it earn interest.
This does not apply to cases in which the seller has knowledge or grossly negligent ignorance of the ineligibility, legal incapacity or lack of representative authority of the respective holder.
The voucher is transferable. The seller may make payment to the respective holder with discharging effect.
16. Online Dispute Resolution (ODR platform)The EU Comission has created an internet platform for online settlement of disputes concerning contractual obligations arising form online contracts. The customer can access the ODR platform through the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
We are not obliged to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a dispute resolution entity for consumers and have therefore decided against voluntary participation.