Dry food prepared with Fleischsaftgarung
Our dry food is prepared with FSG (Fleischsaftgarung). FSG is a method of preparing fresh meat. It comes from the kitchen rather than the feed industry. It was modelled on techniques that top chefs often use to make meat tastier and also healthier.
The FSG (Fleischsaftgarung) creates the important properties of our dry food that are so appreciated by dog lovers.
FSG dry food is a delight for your dog and comes completely without attractants, flavourings, colourings, odours and flavour enhancers. The reasons for this are:
- The vacuum: The meat cooks under vacuum. So nothing is lost, not even natural flavours, as it is the case with boiling.
- The reduction: We use a special technique that allows us to slowly reduce the moisture in a vacuum. Slow reduction is also known from the kitchen as gentle boiling down. Reducing the moisture of the meat juice intensifies the natural meat flavour.
FSG (Fleischsaftgarung) makes our dry food as nutrient-rich as BARF diet. The reasons are:
- The vacuum: All the natural vitamins and nutrients of the meat are completely preserved.
- The low temperature: Due to the low temperature, during FSG (Fleischsaftgarung) the vitamins and nutrients are preserved.
FSG meat is digested better and utilised more effectively by dogs, than any other food:
- The dog's digestive system has hardly changed during domestication. Meat is still the most important source of nutrition. Proteins denatured with FSG (Fleischsaftgarung) are digested better than raw meat.
- The faeces resulting from FSG dog food are correspondingly small, dimensionally stable and have no obtrusive aroma. The consistency of the faeces makes it easier for your dog to pass it (once or twice a day).
The FSG (Fleischsaftgarung) ensures that our dry food does not swell up in the stomach. This means there is no food belly after the meal, as it is often the case with conventional dry food. This improves your dog's quality of life in many ways:
- No tummy bloat due to swelling
- Reduces the risk of gastric torsion
- Shortened food rest because your dog feels less dull and tired after the meal
- No food soaking, which leads to an unappetising mush
Fleischsaftgarung (FSG) prepares dog food in the same way as high-quality human food is made. At first glance, this may sound a bit excessive to some dog owners. But it’s not, since the dog is (wo)man’s best friend. The dog left the forest to spend its life with humans some 15,000 years ago. Today, the dog shares our habitat and feels like a real member of the family. Consequently, dogs should not feel worse off in any area of life than the other members of the family. We therefore do not call food cooked with Fleischsaftgarung ‘dog food’. After all, a real family member or best friend does not receive feed.
In a world full of advertising promises, it is hard to tell the good from the bad. That is why we have commissioned TÜV Süd Elab (now ELAB Analytik GmbH) to test our dog food regularly and independently. What is tested:
- Our fresh meat content: testing of recipe compliance at the preparation site.
- For harmful substances, to protect the health of your best friend.
- Our declaration
Further information is available at: www.elab-analytik.de/platinum-english/